Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Goddess That I Know

If your smile didn't win me over
it would have been your eyes
they're emerald gems
a field of clovers
you're a goddess in disguise

You are perfect in creation
And sculpted without a flaw
Your presence
Brings me elation
Cannot help but inspire awe

But as gorgeous as you are to me
Your true beauty lies inside
A gentle heart
A stunning mind
And an innocence that never died

Don’t lose these things, dear goddess
They make you who you are
A brilliant light
In a dark abyss
A lovely shining star

Life is a long day’s journey into night
But I know you’ll make it through
You’ll do great things
Make all the wrongs right
I hope to be there when you do

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh snap!
I like the.. hold up, I'm about to invent a new word.

I like the.. Lymiracality of it. S'like limerick stanzas.

It's pleasant to read. I'd give better comments if I wasn't as drained. el oh el.

Pam128 said...

oh i love iiit
it's romantic without being cheesy/sappy
and GREAT rhyming, it works & it flows
<3:)